Thursday, November 3, 2016

Blog #8


1.       I choose to watch Cataclysm: The Black Death Visits Tuscany because it looked interesting to me.  I like to choose videos that pop out at me when I go to choose one.  I have always found the Black Death fascinating so I really enjoyed the video.

2.       More Human Than Human talked about how images run every societies life, why do images have a huge impact and power over people, and different arts that were created in different cultures throughout time.  When they talked about Egypt, I was stunned at the differences that were made there between what was created before them.  Cataclysm: The Black Death Visits Tuscany is about Sienna and Florence and how they overcame the Black Death.  It talks about how the obsession with the higher power brought their world into the Higher Renaissance.

3.       The videos stress the importance of what we read in the textbook.  The textbook talked about the history of the world and how art had an impact on it.  These videos, More Human than Human, andCataclysm: The Black Death Visits talk more about the history of art as the world progressed into the present.  It shows how we got to where we are now. 

4.       I found the videos extremely fascinating.  They stress what happened throughout history.  As a History concentration, this was right up my alley.  I really enjoyed learning more about how art has progressed into what it is today.  It also shows how the art concepts and principals came about. Looking through the progression, you can tell which concepts and principals came about when.   

No comments:

Post a Comment