Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week7 -video Review

Questions and Topics for Your Blog Posting:
1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Some of the key concepts I learned about were prairie, and the creation of this style of house. I also learned about classical architecture and how classical styles influenced other cultures, and the science of design.

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

The first video relates to the text because Frank Lloyd Wright's designs of the Prairie House reflect one of the most influential changes in architecture. The second video relates to the text as well because the text describes how different architectural styles used different building materials. Materials such as concrete and Portland cement. The third video because it described the bringing of classical architectural styles to England and other parts of Europe. This is discussed in good depth in the text.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
I think the films for this section were excellent. I think SEEING the construction processes and actually “walking” through architecture gave me a much needed understanding of what I was reading. 
The films were pretty good in my opinion. It was informative and have a visual depiction of the construction of these architectural creations and I also enjoy the fact that the video had a walk-through of these creations as well. They helped create the depth to understanding it because the pictures and the text helped me imagine it, but the videos helped me see it in a three-dimensional form, giving me a better understanding.

4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?
 I chose these films simply because they were the first two options. I honestly did not have any specific reason as to why I chose these films.

No comments:

Post a Comment