Sunday, November 13, 2016

Video Review of Art Movements

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed.
I chose to watch the Matisse and Picasso video simply because I wanted to learn more about the two artists, especially Matisse who I am not as familiar with as I am more familiar with Picasso.  

I decided to watch the video based on Dada and Surrealism because I am not very familiar with the Dada movement and I felt that I wanted to learn more about it through video. I am more familiar with Surrealism, although I do not know very much about it, so I felt that the video would be a great way to learn more about it.


2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
From watching this video, I learned that the two artists are very different from one another in the ways that they created works of art, and also in their thoughts and thought processes. I also learned in this video that Picasso eventually became a part of the Cubism movement by creating the first collage work of art.

In this video, I have learned that Kurt Schwitters had began using various different materials to create works of art, using pieces of almost anything that he had found that had been discarded. The Dada movement came about as a reaction to World War I, and I feel that it explains the styles of the works of art that came from the artists who chose to create according to the movement. 

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?


  Even though the videos were very long, these videos had to be to talk about the important figures of each movement. After watching these videos I was better able to understand the readings because the videos added the detail I needed for the concepts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment