Sunday, October 2, 2016

Logo Design

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.

I was trying to think about what symbol meant the most to me or what logo can I make that is a representation of ideals that I believe in. I was not trying to use my own name or anything that had to do with myself. But rather something, that many people could relate to.

2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.

I instantly knew what I was going to use to create my logo and I first drew a black woman. I drew her with a huge nappy afro and dark brown skin. I also wrote the word Eve on her neck. This logo means a lot to me because it is a symbol of the black woman's beauty that I believe, a majority of the world rejects. From the brown dark skin that covers her entire body to the course, thick, nappy hair that covers her scalp, she is beautiful. However, many people don't believe so. For centuries, it was orthodox to make people, especially black women, feel inferior for having these natural features. Over time, it made a majority of black women feel insecure and self conscious about their appearance, to the extent where they will reject their skin tone and bleach it and reject their hair texture and perm it or wear weaves to look less like herself. After years and years of scrutiny, the black woman would look in the mirror and look at the reflection in disgust. This logo represents the women who have gained a sense of self love and confidence in their appearance. Women who are proud of their natural features. Once a person gains a sense of self-love , any negative opinions about their appearance or character will be impermeable to their confidence. I wrote Eve on her neck , because the first human on this Earth was African. The black woman was Eve, the motherhood of humanity. Her descendants, share her features and resemblance with their "nappy" hair and the melanin in their skin. That is something to be proud of , and that is something to be grateful for. This logo is a representation of that and that is why it means the world to me. 

3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?

The most important discovery I made in the creation of my logo was the fact that it could empower and instill some form of courage and pride in black women who feel insecure about their natural appearance. I discovered that by just looking at it, perhaps some people would instantly understand he message behind it and it would  instill them some sense of self-love that they should have had in the first place.

4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?

The most important thing that I have learned from reading the material was the fact that logo's actually have standards. That is something I didn't know. I thought a logo could just be created in any way. I believe all the videos were very informative and helpful.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your logo a lot because of how powerful it is, then when I started to read your work and Ideas behind it it was even more empowering. I appreciate your concept behind your logo and what it represents. I think it is vert strong and powerful logo and if you wanted to you could do so much more with your ideas behind EVE and the empowerment of black women.

    ReplyDelete